Honors & Awards
Partial List of Awards
- Lifetime Achievement Award, University of Rochester Hajim School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (2011)
- Fellow of the American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering (2010)
- Rochester Engineering Society 48th Annual Engineer of the Year Award (2009)
- William F. May Professor of Engineering (2005)
- Joseph Holmes Pioneer Award (by AIUM) for contributions to medical ultrasound (1999)
- Fellow of the Acoustical Society of American (1998)
- Board of Governors, American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (1996-1998)
- Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (1994)
- Fellow of American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (1992)
- IEEE Award for New Technical Concepts in Electrical Engineering (1992)
- Outstanding Innovation Award, Eastman Kodak Company (1991)
- Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology World Federation Prize (1991)
- IBM Supercomputing Contest Finalist (1989)
- Undergraduate Engineering Council Outstanding Teaching Award (1984)
- Lilly Teaching Fellowship (1982)
- National Institutes of Health Biomedical Engineering Fellowship (1979)
- B.S. Degree Awarded Summa Cum Laude (1976)
- "Method and Apparatus for Using Doppler Modulation Parameters for Estimation of Vibration Amplitude," United States Patent No. 5,086,775, February 11, 1992.
- "Method and Apparatus for Breast Imaging and Tumor Detection Using Modal Vibration Analysis," United States Patent No. 5,099,848, March 31, 1992; and United States Patent No. 5,477,305, December 1995.
- "Method and Apparatus for Halftone Rendering of a Gray Scale Image Using a Blue Noise Mask," United States Patent No. 5,111,310 (May 5, 1992); also subsequent United States Patent Nos. 5,477,305 (December 19, 1995), and 5,543,941 (August 6, 1996), 5,708,518 (January 13, 1998), 5726,772 (March 10, 1998)
- "Inverse Halftoning and Fax Transmission," U.S. Patent No. 5,323,247, K. J. Parker and Christopher Miceli, June 21, 1994.
- "Color Halftoning," U. S. Patent No. 5,341,228, K. J. Parker and Theophano Mitsa, August, 1994.
- "Ultrasmall Non-Aggregated Porous Particles of Uniform Size for Entrapping Gas Bubbles Within and Methods," Michael R. Violante and K. J. Parker, filed 1992.
- "System for Estimating Target Velocity from Pulse Echoes in Response to their Correspondence with Predetermined Delay Trajectories Corresponding to Different Distinct Velocities (Butterfly Search Technique)," K. J. Parker and Sheikh K. Alam, U.S. Patent No. 5,419,331, May 30, 1995.
- "Thin Film Phantoms and Phantom System," Kevin J. Parker and Daniel Phillips, U.S. Patent No. 5,756,875 issued May 1998.
- "System for Model-Based Compression of Speckle Images," Kevin J. Parker, U.S. Patent No. 5,734,754 issued March 31, 1998.
- "Method and Apparatus for Halftoning and Inverse Halftoning and the Transmission of Such Images," Japanese Patent No. 2925325, K. J. Parker and Christopher M. Miceli, July 28, 1999.
- "System and Method for 4D Reconstruction and Visualization," Parker, K, Totterman SMS, Pena J., allowed 8/2000. U.S. Patent No. 6,169,817 issued January 2001.
- "Magnetic Resonance Imaging with Resolution and Contrast Enhancement," Parker KJ, Totterman SMS, Tamez-Pena J, filed 1/2000.
- "System and Method for Quantifying Tissue Structures and the Change Over Time," J Tamez-Pena, SMS Totterman, K Parker, US Patent Application No. 60/306,166 Filed 7/19/2001.
- "A Method and System for Quantitative Assessment of Joint Disease and the Change over Time of Joint Disease," J Tamez-Pena, SMS Totterman, K Parker, US Patent Application No. 60/307,869 Filed 7/27/2001.
- "A Method and System for Quantitative Assessment if Neurological Diseases and the Change over Time of Neurological Diseases," J Tamez-Pena, SMS Totterman, K Parker, US Patent Application No. 60/316/965, Filed 9/5/2001.
- "Method and System for Quantitative Assessment of Cancerous Diseases and the Change Over time of Cancerous Diseases," J Tamez-Pena, SMS Totterman, K Parker, US Patent Application No. 60/322,427 Filed 9/17/2001.
- "Document Data Compression System Which Automatically Segments Documents and Generates Compressed Smart Documents Therefrom," Kevin J. Parker, Hei Tao Fung; Filed November 7, 1997; Date of Patent: October 23, 2001; Patent No. US 6,307,962 B1.
- "Seed Implantation for Breast Imaging," Stephen McAleavey with Kevin Parker as advisor, filed 2001.
- Patent portfolio in "imaging biomarkers" developed with VirtualScopics, LLC.
Licensing and Technology Transfer Patented technology has been accepted by over 15 companies and organizations, including: Acuson, Applied Image, Hewlett-Packard, Seiko-Epson, Tektronix, and Research Corporation Technologies.