Our group is actively engaged in the research of integrated high-speed electronics and photonics.
In particular, we are focusing on the following research directions:
- Inter- and intra-chip optical/electrical interconnects;
- Silicon photonics;
- Electronic-photonic integrated circuits (EPIC);
- Wideband and high-speed integrated circuits and systems;
- High-performance clocking in microprocessors and SoCs;
- Ultra-wideband (UWB) radios;
- Energy-efficient RF oscillators;
- Smart wireless sensor systems.
- Our paper on 3-D Integrated Heterogeneous Intra-Chip Free-Space Optical Interconnect
will appear in Optics Express.
- The first chip prototype for 3-D Integrated Heterogeneous Intra-Chip Free-Space Optical Interconnect
was successfully demonstrated, and the results presented in Photonics West 2012.
- Microring-based Optical Pulse Train Generator was experimentally demonstrated
and the results were published in Optics Express June 2011.
- We welcome Jing Gao, Francis Smith and Yong Wang to our group.