When: There will be a take-home final exam during the final examinations' week. The plan is to post it on Sunday December 10, with due date on Wednesday December 13.
What's at stake: The final will contribute 36 points (out of 100) for your final class grade.
Topics covered: This is a comprehensive final exam, hence questions may span all the material from the course syllabus. You should be particularly comfortable with the Matlab mini projects from the homework assignments (last problems in Homeworks 1 to 10).
Format: The final take-home exam will comprise of a Matlab project similar to the ones you have been working on in your homework. As usual, you will be asked to answer some questions about properties of a given stochastic system, write a Matlab simulation and use this simulation to understand some properties of the system.
Instructions: As detailed in the cover page of your exam
- This is an individual take-home exam, collaborations are not allowed.
- You will need to use Matlab to answer some of the questions in this exam.
- You should prepare a report in electronic format with your answers including all necessary derivations, discussions, Matlab code, and plots.
- Write your answers concisely and clearly. Show all your work.
- The report should be submitted via email to: email@example.com
- The submission deadline is 10 pm ET, Wednesday December 13, 2017.
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Perfect score: 100
Practice final: There will not be a practice final posted, I think you've had enough samples of what is expected from your homework assignments.
The exam is avaiable here.